Sebastian imitating a Pilgrim during dinnerThis was the first Thanksgiving Sam and I have spent without other family members. I missed the chaos of a family-filled house, but it had it's perks, too. It was by far the most relaxing Thanksgiving I've ever experienced. Since it was just us, and Sebastian doesn't have a discriminating palette, we took a few food shortcuts (i.e. bought Sis. Schubert's rolls and whip cream in a can rather than making them homemade as usual....GASP!) . I absolutely love to cook, but making things more manageable in the kitchen made all the difference. I was able to focus on the fam rather than stressing about my meal plan. We took the unconventional route this year and had prime rib rather than turkey...yum.
My favorite Thanksgiving dinner moments:
- Sebastian is thankful for "honeymakers [bees] and juice boxes"
- We let Sebastian try some of the sparkling grape juice, to which he scrunched up his face and said, "that's a little spicy!"
- Mia ate wide-mouthed like a baby bird
- Sebastian: "We just ate cow!? I love eating cows!"
Thursday morning we drove out to the sticks to cut down a Christmas tree. As it turned out they didn't have any trees that we liked, so we ended up buying our tree at the local grocery store -- hah!
Yesterday we had glorious weather, so we hiked to the top of nearby King's Mtn. Sebastian walked the entire way (with very little complaining). That evening our friends from D.C., the Bergheims, paid us a visit while in town. (Julia is prego again...another girl!)
I'd say we've had a great holiday so far!
3 comments:
Too bad we couldn't have spent the holiday together! How fun that you went on a hike. Thanksgiving with baby babes is the funnest. I want to see photos of the tree!
Looks like so much fun. One day we'll have Thanksgiving together again! Love the pictures...esp of Sebastian being a pilgrim and Mia's bird eating. And we should compare notes on the stuffing. When all was said and done I think I will add a little more broth next time around.
I love that he said that his drink was "spicy." Jack doesn't even say the word "soda" or "pop." He simply calls it "spicy drink." I'm glad you enjoyed a peaceful Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment