Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mia is ONE!









I cannot believe this day is already here! Mia's entrance into the world was a bit indicative of her personality. She is feisty and always rearing to go. She doesn't hesitate to communicate her wants and dislikes, although she is incredibly tolerant and patient, allowing us to tote her from here to there with no complaints until she's at the breaking point.

She is quite the welcoming party. When I arrive home after an outing alone, Mia's reaction is full of smiles and high-pitched squeals. I must admit I've gone out and come back in several times just for a repeat. (She inherited her mother's tendancy to over-react...not sure if that's good or bad.)

Her vocabulary consists of "doggie, hi, ruff ruff, & uh-oh," the latter being her favorite. She loves to announce that she is about to drop the toy she is clutching by saying "uh-oh" in advance, as if to give us a head start on our responsibility of retreiving it.

I have never been good at putting my feelings into words, so in the simplest terms: I love this little girl more than I could ever have imagined.

As Sebastian would say, "Happy Birthday, little chica!"

(Thanks to Neil for the wonderful photos!)

No comments: