Tuesday, August 12, 2008
The Job Hunt
The banking economy here in Charlotte came to a grinding halt this year, thus, no work for Sam's law firm. They did their best to ride out the storm, but in the end they laid off a slew of competent attorneys -- Sam being one of them. He's off to NYC tomorrow to interview for a position that would take us to NYC for a year and then on to Sao Paulo (yep, that's in Brazil folks). We've always wanted to live abroad -- kids or not--, but the thought of leaving family so far behind is the only thing stopping me. Well, that and the fact that we STILL haven't sold our stinkin' house in Utah.
I have moved almost every year since Sam and I got together : 6+ times in all. I love the excitement and spontaneity, but I thought Charlotte would be our landing place for sure. Guess the big man upstairs has something else in mind....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that you don't get to settle yet. Any chance you could come to the midwest :) Good luck with interviewing.
Molly, oh no! Can you come back to DC? NYC and Brazil would be amazing. I can't believe you have to move again. Come live with us!
I still hold that since we have plenty of room now and a park out our back gate you should just come hang out here with us until Sam lands his dream in Dallas!
Post a Comment