Friday, May 23, 2008

Let the vacations begin...

We started off our summer with a camping trip in the Blue Ridge mountains with some friends. It was fun, but the weather wasn't too cooperative (hailed and rained both nights). Then the kids and I were off on a somewhat spontaneous trip to visit our old stomping grounds in D.C./Alexandria. It was fabulous to be back, but it sure made me homesick. I'm not sure that I miss D.C. itself as much as the wonderful life experiences I had there (read: having Sebastian), our friends and family, and my last paying job.


Hiking in the Blue Ridge Mtns

Macon (cousin) and kiddos

Showing the tiger (in background) who's boss

Old Town -- Alexandria, VA

Our old place on Mt. Vernon Ave.

Our dear friends Jessica and Jamie with their two TWIN boys -- Soren and Asher

My old boss and friend, Dan Baum

Fatherly duties

2 comments:

Paige said...

I love seeing all the pictures. I don't think I realized that you went back to Alexandria. Macon looks so different...I think the last picture I saw of her she was blonde.

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you made it to Alexandria for a visit. It was great to see you and meet Miss Mia and witness Mr. grown up Sebastian! I hope you visit often!